New Column up at Real Money (01/02/08)
My year end review of the lessons provided by 2007 is now up at Real Money.
The details are at the subscription only site, but here are the bullet points:
• Ignore market rumors
• Buy sector strength (Corollary: avoid weak sectors):
• Never blindly follow the “Big Money” (a/k/a Professionals make dumb mistakes also):
• Day-to-day stock action is noise
• P/E matters less than you think
• Ignore deteriorating fundamentals at your peril
• Nothing is more costly than chasing yield
• Know what you own
• Simple is better than complex
• Stick to what you do best
• Fess up!
• Risk management matters
• The Trend is still your friend
Its on the subscription only site, but I will try to get it moved to the free TheStreet.com section tomorrow . . .
Lessons From 2007: A Baker's Dozen
RealMoney.com, 1/2/2008 6:54 AM EST
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference New Column up at Real Money (01/02/08):
A sneeze at USA caused Economy Contraction at Singapore!!
Singapore quarterly GDP contracts 3.2%!!
Funny that their stock market is still close to all time high. Maybe they have learned a page from Bernanke + Paulson to "inject" their market, and ABOLISH stock market contraction.
By the way I can assure you 110% that Singapore is a country that would consider pooh of USA tasty, i.e. they are dogs of USA.
Posted by: Sean | Jan 2, 2008 10:04:10 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.