Wednesday, December 29, 2004
the 2004 Falsies Awards
No, not those falsies -- these are awards given to those "people and players responsible for polluting our information environment"
These new year-end prizes we call the "Falsies Awards" go to the top ten finalists, who will each receive a million bucks worth of free coupons, a lifetime supply of non-fattening ice cream, an expenses-paid vacation in Fallujah, and our promise to respect them in the morning.
There are 10 winners of the Falsies Awards for 2004 are:
1. I'm Karen Ryan, reporting
2. War Is Sell
3. The Hidden (in Plain Sight) Persuaders
4. Food Industry Foxes Guard the FDA Hen House
5. Shell Game With Human Rights
6. Ghostwriters for Bush
7. Frank Talk
8. Not-So-Democratic Convention
9. Iraq War Supporters Profit From Reconstruction
10. Wal-Mart Gets PR Help From Hill & Knowlton
And plenty more. If you are a media junkie -- or merely follow the news closely -- this is a must read . . .
Thanks for the (False) Memories: the 2004 Falsies Awards
Center for Media and Democracy, Tue, 12/28/2004 - 05:11.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference the 2004 Falsies Awards :