Thursday, May 26, 2005
the world's fastest, tallest roller coaster
Wicked cool looking:
Forbes: "The global theme park industry takes its fun seriously.
In 2005 alone, more than 100 new attractions have opened or been announced to open worldwide. The amusement industry is strong and growing at a steady rate," she explains. "What limits what is created for the industry is just two things. One: physics. Two: the imagination of the designers and engineers."
How much imagination? In New Jersey, Six Flags Great Adventure recently debuted the 456-foot high Kingda Ka, which is billed as the world's fastest and tallest roller coaster. Its hydraulic launch propels the train out of the gates at 128 miles per hour and then through a 270-degree loop, making passengers feel weightless. The roller coaster has a dual-loading station that allows four trains to simultaneously load and unload on two separate tracks, a peak horsepower of 7,400 and can accommodate 1,400 people per hour."
The Top Ten Most-Attended Amusement/Theme Parks Worldwide, 2004
(compiled by Economic Research Associates)
1. Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.: 15,170,000
2. Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif.: 13,360,000
3. Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo, Japan: 13,200,000
4. Tokyo Disney Sea, Tokyo, Japan: 12,200,000
5. Disneyland Paris, Mame-La-Vallee, France, 10,200,000
6. Universal Studios, Japan, Osaka, Japan: 9,900,000
7. Epcot at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.: 9,400,000
8. Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.: 8,260,000
9. Lotte World, Seoul, South Korea: 8,000,000
10. Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.: 7,820,000
Amazing that 8 of the 10 most attended Amusement Parks are Disney!
World's Most Fun Amusement Parks 2005
Forbes, June 2005
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference the world's fastest, tallest roller coaster: