Monday, October 31, 2005
iPod Halloween costumes
Law Geek shows us how to costume, iPod style:
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Saturday, October 29, 2005
A Short Pop-Psychology History of W
My friend (and fellow Street.com columnist) Jon Markman created a compact timeline/pop psychology of President Bush. It was in a recent column of his, titled Libby Indictment Not All-Clear for Market, wherein he details an explanation for how we got to where we are today. Call it a "short history of W's paternal issues."
It rings fairly true, and goes something like this:
- George W. Bush grows up with a dominating, successful father.
- His brother Jeb is considered the smart, successful one in the family.
- In his wild days, GWB is reprimanded by his dad for wasting his life.
- GWB sobers up and gets a grip. But he has lingering resentment for dad.
- GWB becomes president. His inner voice tells him to show up his dad.
- GWB decides to take Baghdad by force, which dad wouldn't in Persian Gulf War.
- Dick Cheney persuades GWB that CIA blocks the war, and plots to usurp its role.
- GWB's dad was former CIA chief. Brushing off the CIA another chance to get even.
- CIA chief George Tenet sees the coup against CIA. He plots to get even.
- Recognizing anti-Joe Wilson obsession, he plants Valerie Plame name with Cheney.
- Cheney grumbles about Plame to aide Libby. As Tenet expects, Libby tells reporters.
- Tenet then refers the Plame leak to the Justice Department, seeking indictments.
- Cheney and Libby are caught in Tenet's trap.
- Think of Langley, Va., the CIA headquarters, as Baghdad on the Potomac.
- GB tried to beat dad in Iraq and failed. Then tried to beat him at CIA and failed.
- Maybe dad wasn't so dumb after all.
Libby Indictment Not All-Clear for Market
Jon D. Markman
RealMoney.com, 10/28/2005 2:04 PM EDT
Starbucks commercial, featuring
too funny . . .
Friday, October 28, 2005
October 26, 2005Leak Went Undetected For Two Years, Says Army Corps ChiefOctober 25, 2005Will Leak Bin Laden’s Precise Location to the PressOctober 24, 2005Not Enough Cronies to Fill Government Positions, President WarnsOctober 23, 2005‘We Will Manage to Screw This Up,’ Vows DeanOctober 20, 2005‘Likes His Chances’ With Non-judge Presiding at Trial
Bathtime In Clerkenwell
The animation is way cool, but the real star is the infectiously addictive song: Bathtime In Clerkenwell
click for video
Animation courtesy of figlimigli productions
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Abbey Road (Mutts version)
Abbey Road (Mutts version)
How amusing is this? (You can order it here)
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Fox News Through History
See below for additional historical examples . . .
If Fox News Had Been Around Throughout History