Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Air New Zealand staff have nothing to hide
Body painted Air New Zealand staff support new commercial.
(Using Gin Wigmores track Under my skin )
Posted at 06:46 AM | Permalink
Monday, June 22, 2009
Pre-flight check: Daytona Beach 5/14/09
My boyhood pal, Chuck, is a pilot
Posted at 08:07 PM | Permalink
Saturday, June 13, 2009
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The20woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes...
And most important of all:
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.
Posted at 07:08 PM | Permalink
Friday, June 05, 2009
The top twelve indicators that the economy is bad:
12. CEO's are now playing miniature golf.
11. I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
10. I went to buy a toaster oven and they gave me a bank.
9. Hotwheels and Matchbox car companies are now trading higher than GM in the stock market.
8. Nobama met with small businesses - GE, Pfizer, Chrysler, Citigroup and GM, to discuss the Stimulus Package.
7. McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.
6 People in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and are learning their children's names.
5. The most highly-paid job is now jury duty.
4. People in Africa are donating money to Americans. Mothers in Ethiopia are telling their kids, "finish your plate; do you know how many kids are starving in America ?"
3. Motel Six won't leave the lights on.
2. The Mafia is laying off judges.
And my most favorite indicator of all.
1. If the bank returns your check marked as "insufficient funds," you have to call them and ask if they meant you or them.
Posted at 11:25 AM | Permalink
Thursday, June 04, 2009
7 Factors That Led to Crisis
As I was working on Bailout Nation, I struggled to find a way to communicate the myriad forces that combined to cause the collapse. The book details the many elements involved, but I wanted a visual way to depict what I took 20 chapters to explain.
I had long been a fan of Wall Stats — the great site that Jess Bachman runs. Over the course of a few days, I described the various factors and how they interact.
Jess took what I described, and turned it into a terrific graphic that goes a long way to explain what happened (credit the bomb to Mrs Big Picture).
It became the centerfold of the book, running just before Part IV (Bailout Nation).
I don’t think any other graphic has so cleanly depicted the factors that led to the crisis developed . . .
Barry L. Ritholtz
535 Fifth Avenue, Suite 612
New York, NY 10017
Bailout Nation is here!
Posted at 12:28 PM | Permalink