Saturday, April 30, 2011
Is it fatal?
Posted at 08:23 AM | Permalink
Yugoslavia's futuristic monuments
Friday, April 29, 2011
Tea Party Supporter tries to enter Heaven
Posted at 11:30 PM | Permalink
When a woman is annoyed . . .
Posted at 06:42 PM | Permalink
You can't use logic against belief.
Posted at 02:15 PM | Permalink
BP Spill One Year Later
Posted at 01:33 PM | Permalink
Apple's net income has overtaken Microsoft's
- In May 2010, Apple's (AAPL) market cap passed Microsoft's (MSFT).
- In October, Apple overtook Microsoft in total revenue.
- On Thursday, when Microsoft reported its earnings for the March quarter, Steve Ballmer lost what edge he still had. Microsoft's net income for calendar Q1 2011 was $5.23 billion. Apple's was $5.99 billion.
Posted at 11:12 AM | Permalink
Donald Trump - "You're not gonna raise that FUCKIN' price!"
Posted at 09:38 AM | Permalink
John Yoo, Douchebag of the week
Yoo: President Can Slaughter Village, But Not Force Disclosure Of Political Donations
Torture advocate John Yoo thinks that the President of the United States has the executive power to order a village of civilians slaughtered. But force federal contractors to disclose their political donations? That's a bridge too far.
In an editorial former Bush-era Justice Department official Yoo and David Marston wrote for the Wall Street Journal, the authors argued that the "only purpose" of an executive order being considered by President Barack Obama to require companies seeking federal contracts to disclose political contributions "is to dangle the specter of retaliation.. and harassment."
If a small businesswoman wants to sell paper clips to the Defense Department, Mr. Obama would force her to reveal contributions to groups such as Planned Parenthood or the National Rifle Association. These donations are obviously irrelevant to whether she made the most reliable bid at the lowest price.
While the editorial says that the order "represents the latest salvo in the Obama administration's war on the First Amendment rights of its political opponents," there's no word from Yoo on whether the President has the executive power to torture executives to force them to disclose their political donations.
WHY WASNT I DISBARRED?
Posted at 06:32 AM | Permalink
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Looks Like Trump's Right: How the Hell Did This President Get Into Those Ivy League Schools?
- "The dean looked over Barack's transcript and college boards and then suggested in a kindly way that he apply to some less competitive colleges in addition to Columbia."
- "There were no class rankings at his high school, but Barack never made honor roll even one term, unlike 110 boys in his class."
- "His SAT scores were 566 for the verbal part and 640 for math. Those were far below the median scores for students admitted to his class at Columbia: 668 verbal and 718 math."
- "At Columbia, Barack Obama distinguished himself primarily as a hard partier, and he managed to be detained by police twice during his university years: once for stealing a Christmas wreath as a fraternity prank and once for trying to tear down the goalposts during a football game at Princeton."
- "Obama's transcript at Columbia shows that he was a solid C student. Although a history major, he sampled widely in the social sciences and did poorly in political science and economics while achieving some of his best grades (the equivalent of a B+) in philosophy and anthropology. The transcript indicates that in Obama's freshman year, the only year for which rankings were available, he was in the twenty-first percentile of his class—meaning that four-fifths of the students were above him. Yet at the same time that he was earning Cs at Columbia, Obama displayed a formidable intelligence in another way. At his induction into the Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE) fraternity, he and others were asked to name all fifty-four pledges in the room. Most were were able to name only five or six. When it was Obama's turn, he named every single one. Later he rose to become president of DKE, and he was also tapped into Skull and Bones, an elite secret society to which his father had also belonged."
And then he somehow got into Harvard for graduate school.
I made a mistake.
Please replace the reference to "high school" with "Andover."
Please replace "Columbia" with "Yale."
Please replace "Barack Obama" with "George W. Bush."
Read more: http://dayriffer.com/category/28/l/2056/looks-like-trump-s-right-how-the-hell-em-did-em-this-president-get-into-those-ivy-league-schools
Posted at 03:17 PM | Permalink